11.11.2006

Sara Gets Her Ears Pierced!


For Sara's 10th birthday, her mother took her to get her ears pierced. I, the photographer, was there to witness it.

BEFORE
Sara was stoic. Her focus was incredible. Nothing was going to stop her from getting her ears pierced today!!! Actually, I see this look a lot from her.
HALF-WAY THEREYou can SORTA detect a little concern. But she said that it didn't hurt, so I guess this isn't so much concern as it is anticipation.

FINISHED!!!And just like that, we have a new little miss in the house! Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?

Sara was brave. Though her palms were sweaty, and her face glistened with perspiration, she never let on how nervous she was! After all was said and done, she let us know that she was VERY nervous all day!

We would like to do a little survey:

All you girly-girls out there - How old were you when you first got your EARS pierced?







12 comments:

maggie said...

10 years old and I still remember it to this day. I had beautiful gold carved earings. Then we got to go to the movies for my birthday. I think we saw Herbie- but, I don't remember. I just remember going to the bathroom quite often to check out my new pierced ears. :)

Bruce Penman said...

Awww... that story gave me the warm-and-fuzzies!

I can see you doing that VERY easily, because you are still like that now.

Andrea said...

I couldn't have been older than eight because I got it done when we were still living in Pennsylvania. I barely remember it but I do recall a VERY LARGE gun type thing and I recall that Mom (who was getting it done also) made me go first because she was scared...

Andrea said...

Sara! Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Pierced ears take some work - stick with it! It pays off in really cool earrings...

Jen said...

You were 9 Andrea and I know that because mom made me wait until I was 9 cause YOU were 9. When I had mine pierced there was a baby girl in front of me and she SCREAMED. More from the sound of the nail gun sized piercer I think, than from actual pain. Anyway, I almost lost my nerve at that point, but I didn't want to look chicken.

Happy Birthday Sara, what are you going to get pierced next????

Anonymous said...

I was a baby. Don't remember. I have had pierced since I can remember.

Happy birthday Sara!! You will love all the cool earrings you can wear!

See you guys soon!!!!

Rachel

Andrea said...

Jen, the bad news is MOM LIED TO YOU. And there is no good news. She made you wait longer than she made me. I absolutely had it done in PA and we moved from PA when I was still 8 years old. See, she loved me more. Or maybe she loved you more and wanted to protect you...

Jen said...

actually Andrea, were you seven when we moved? I was three when we arrived in CA and you are 4.5 years older than me and we traveled in the summer. That is how I remember it. Therefore........and maybe I was 8 when I was pierced, I just know Mom made me wait until we were the same age.

Bruce Penman said...

We moved during the summer of '74. Andrea was 8, Jennifer was 4, I was 12 (almost 13 - we arrived on my birthday). Gary and Davide were old teenagers. Now they are old.

Mom lied to both of you. A lot. And me too. She told me my mother died before I was born and that she found me in a gutter.

Anonymous said...

I love my family. You are all nuts.

Congrats Sara, they look very nice. I wish I could have pierced ears, but they get allergic and gross. But Claire's make cute clips.

Andrea said...

Hey Bruce, that wasn't a lie. You are from the gutter. Ooo, that "sounds" meaner in print. It was supposed to be funny-ish. How about "She did find you in a gutter" or "You really were a gutter-snipe"... Any nicer?

Bruce Penman said...

Dear Andrea,

Why do you always have to make it about politics? I believe in a classless society, where everyone is equal (household combined income notwithstanding). Besides, I wouldn't be caught DEAD hanging around a guttersnipe.