11.08.2006

Thanksgiving........

Hey everyone.

I was just mulling this thought around and wanted to get everyone's opinion. Since everyone is traveling on Thanksgiving Day, would it make sense to do a festive spread of heavy hors d' oeurves/cocktails/non-alcoholic cocktails and a birthday cake for Jessie's 16th b-day. And then sit down to a "Thanksgiving Dinner" around mid-afternoon on Friday?

Or does everyone like the idea of having Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving Day and do what we've done in years past?

What time is everyone getting here on Turkey Day?

4 comments:

maggie said...

Ignore my post. I didn't realize Adeline was leaving on Friday. I'm a dummy.

Maggie

Bruce Penman said...

Oh honey... You're not a dummy. I probably didn't inform you of my mother's schedule!

Andrea said...

Well - I don't think we'll be getting there late... Erin and I are driving down to LA from Berkeley on Wednesday after my seminar - then we'll probably nap for a little bit and then hit the road in the wee hours (like three), I believe Mom and Pat will be with us. The plan is for Alyssa and Rachel to caravan with us - but they might end up leaving earlier than us...

maggie said...

Okay, well I'll still plan for dinner @ 6pm and hors d'oeurves around 3ish. So you guys can rest up a bit after your very LONG drive. And, we're celebrating Jessie's 16th b-day on Thanksgiving too since mom will be leaving on Friday.