11.04.2006

Maggie and I did our first road cycling ride this morning. We did a whopping 12+ miles! In under an hour!!! WOO HOO!!! It was fun. We learned that Maggie needs to push herself a little harder (she can go faster than she has been while riding by herself). We also learned that Bruce is a big fat slob that has really let himself go for the last 9 months or so.

Maggie just had a baby; I look like I am going to have one soon.

6 comments:

maggie said...

It was quite fun cycling with my hubby! I DO need to push myself harder. But, he failed to mention that I have been working out ALL week and my legs were TIRED to start with. I was a little jealous that Bruce made it looked so easy, and I felt like I was pushing myself the entire time. It was fun! And thanks to big sister Caroline for being a caring sitter for her baby sis! Without her, this morning's ride wouldn't be possible.

Bruce Penman said...

Yeah... My NEXT post was going to be all about "Caring Caroline", who did a bang up job taking care of Cate. Caring Caroline Cares for Cate. Cycling Couple's Child, Caroline, Cares for Cate - COOL!

It wasn't easy. I just TOLD Maggie it was easy.

Andrea said...

Have you picked out a name for the new baby?

Bruce Penman said...

No no no...

She JUST had Cate! It hasn't even been 6 months (she gets to use that for 9 months or something like that).

Andrea said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you said YOU were pregnant... Which would have been quite a trick...

Bruce Penman said...

Ohhhh... I really didn't get your joke at all!!! Duh.

No, I just LOOK like I am going to have one.