3.06.2006



Happy Birthday Josh!!!

18 years old today. Time flies when you're having fun.

We took Josh to his choice of restuarants for dinner this evening. His choice? Jack In The Box. Not really. Abuelo's. We had a very nice time. But here is the story for the day...

Josh drove us (Bruce here) to Blockbuster this evening. As he backed out of the garage, I noticed that he didn't turn the headlights on (this is normal). I didn't say anything as he backed out into the street. Once he was fully into the street, and putting the car in drive, I said, "Man, it's one of those really dark nights..."

Josh, leaning forward, squinting out into the darkness says, "Yeah... Why IS that?"

"Because you haven't turned the lights on yet!", I replied.


Poor Josh. He was speechless. All he could do was laugh (after a few seconds of trying to come up with something witty). And I haven't laughed that hard in months. Years, maybe.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Jack in the Box sounds pretty good right now. Glad you had a good evening and some laughs. Rent anything good?

Bruce Penman said...

We rented "Walk The Line" (which we watched just last night), and "The Weather Man" (is there a "the" in the title?). I think I'll like that one. Walk The Line was okay. I don't know much about J.C., so it didn't have any emotional draw for me. I am surprised to see that Reesie got the Oscar. Her performance seemed rather pedestrian to me. Perhaps Andrea has a different take on it.

I watched Lord of War last week. I really liked it. I recommend it to most MEN. Women might not be into the whole concept of a having fun while supplying guns to whomever needs them (good, bad, or downright evil).

Jen said...

Have you seen Shaun of the Dead? Oh my god. It was hysterical. You have got to see it. The humour was so dry. I Dvr'd and I am keeping it on the system. That and Elf are my favorites right now. I live a quite life....

Jen said...

oh, I meant to say quiet.