
Well, the party is over. We THOUGHT he was potty-trained. He is either regressing, or he was just getting really lucky. BUT... he hasn't pooped in the house yet (that we can find).
He really loves eating raw chicken. He is such a little stud. Just don't put your fingers near his mouth while he is pulling apart the chicken. This pint-sized carnivore has already taught Daisy to stay away while he is eating. I will break him of that. I am constantly taking his food from him, and giving it back after he calms down.
Great, he just peed in the kitchen.
We are selling one small male boxer. His name is Hubert. He is a sweet, sweet boy and will bring boundless joy to any household!
8 comments:
look at him go....and go and go and go....
Poor little puppy. Just as long as Daisy doesn't get the idea of using the indoors as a toilet. "Hey, if he can do it..."
I take it uncooked chicken bones aren't dried up and fragile like cooked bones and they don't pose a problem?
uncooked bones are soft and rubbery compared to cooked. The RAW diet is great. just time consuming.
Really? Time consuming? You can't just toss a raw hunk of meat and gristle onto the floor? Do dogs face food poisoning from raw chicken? Does there breath smell? Do you get a little grossed-out when they try to lick your face after devouring a bloody haunch of beef?
Yeah - you know I meant THEIR, not there
The prep is a little time-consuming. Trust me, it's easier to throw kibble in a bowl. Just working with raw chicken means you have to practice excellent kitchen hygiene. So the prep takes a while cuz you are skinning the chicken (skin is all fat and gives them diarrhea), then cutting it apart (if it is a whole chicken), then cleaning up the mess. I try to do three chickens at a time so I don't have to do so much clean up. I put the parts in zip-loc bags and keep them in the fridge in the garage. We bought a freezer for the garage to buy mass quantities of meat when it goes on sale. Titus is a little shrimp right now, but he east more than Daisy.
Can you imagine how much Titus will consume when he is full-size? Maybe you better take him out hunting for his grub. Get the little kitties in the neighborhood. I mean MICE.
Is the gassy effect permanent - or was that just part of the transition period?
No No No... A puppie eats the same amount of raw food as he will when he is an adult. Yes, it's true. You feed them approximately 2% of their expected adult weight.
Titus doesn't seem to be nearly as gassy as Daisy, but he's still young. His gas machine is still growing.
Post a Comment