3.20.2006

Hey, this ain't the Daily Show. You guys keep bugging me cuz we call it the Penman-Ozer Daily. I am not going to post DAILY. IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH. Give it a rest.

We've had a busy week. The girls (Caroline and Sara) were at Disneyworld for FOUR DAYS with their paternal aunt and grandmother. What a life. Their aunt (Esra) came and picked them up in Phoenix, and flew back with them to Orlando. Then their Grandmother (Angul) flew them back to Phoenix. They were wined and dined the whole time. They both had an awesome time, though they sounded tired every night. I guess that it to be expected. They bought presents for everyone! Maggie and I got coffee mugs from Caroline, and I got a travel mug from Sara. Maggie got a Winnie the Pooh notepad from Sara. The girls also got Josh a Disneyworld mouse pad. It's holographic!!! I can't say what they got Jess (she didn't get it yet).

Jessica came for a all-too-short visit over the spring break. We didn't do much. I had to work, and Maggie works all day too. Josh, Jess and I saw "The Hills Have Eyes" (three thumbs down). Jessica spent some time at the theater watching free movies. She saw "The Libertine" and maybe another one. I can't recall.

Josh no longer works at the movie theater. He finally got the job of MY dreams: Starbucks barista!!! Right down at the bottom of the hill!!! Sure, I probably said that a couple times already, but now you know how truly excited I am. If I need to spell it out for you, here it is: F-R-E-E C-O-F-F-E-E !!!

I can start drinking Cafe Lattes again!!!

Maggie and I celebrated our FIRST ANNIVERSARY this weekend (Saturday, March 18th). We went to a very nice breakfast at "The Farm at South Mountain" (www.thefarmatsouthmountain.com) and went to dinner at Pizzaria Bianco. A very nice day, indeed. But the really cool thing we did was go to the Cirque du Soleil show in Scottsdale the next day. It was, as usual, a really great show. We had awesome seats (5th row), and got the VIP Package (parking and free food and drinks before the show and during the intermission. Being the gluttons that we are, we fully enjoyed the fare. We teamed up and, and ran from food station to food station, eating as much as we could, as quickly as we could. The food was almost as good as the show. www.cirquedusoleil.com/corteo

The dogs are having a nice winter. Daisy is busy trying to keep Titus from eating her chicken. It's going to be a problem. Titus is a pig. And he is very aggressive about it. He takes his food, and runs off with it. Then, before he is CLOSE to finishing his food, he makes a run at Daisy's food. She is so easy-going, sometimes she lets him take it from her. When that happens, I grap the little guy and hang him from the gazebo for a few hours to straighten him out.

Just kidding.






But I do take the food from him. We are working on making him sit before we feed him. He will definitely need a lot of training coupled with a TON of patience. On the bright side, he is an absolute blast to watch and with which to play.

The weather has be spectacular (to us). Rain this last weekend made it two weekends in a row. Considering that it hadn't rained in over 140 days prior to last weekend, we are very happy to see it. However, Spring is sprung. It will be in the 80's by the end of the week.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I wrote a long reply yesterday afternoon, tried to post it, and it deleted it and said the the system was under repair. Now I can't remember what I said. Happy Anniversary!

David said...

We'd also like to wish you both a Happy Anniversary!

Love, David & Donna

p.s. Where on a dog's body is the gazebo located? Is it something Titus has but Daisy doesn't? Sounds very painful!

Bruce Penman said...

Dear David,

"Gazebo" is italian for "nards".

Thank you,

Bruce