DATELINE: PHOENIX - March 10, 2006
Maggie Penman was cleared by her doctors to resume normal activities!!! For those of you that haven't been paying attention, that means she can go on walks, hikes, lift moderate weights, etc. She can EXERCISE AGAIN! For those of you that haven't been paying attention, that means that her life will be back to normal! Maggie loves exercise and being outside doing things. For those of you that haven't been paying attention, that means that MY LIFE will be back to normal again!!!
Hopefully, Maggie won't mind me saying this part, but this also means that she will not automatically be needing a c-section. She is VERY happy about that (it would have been her first c-section).
Now for the bad news... Maggie has demanded that I get fixed. WHY??? She hasn't even seen what the baby will look like! Why is she already asking me to stop my reproductive capabilities? For all she knows our genes may mix to create a new race of uber children. I almost feel as if we need to wait until the baby is at least 14 years old before I should get snipped. It just doesn't feel right to deny the world more of our children. Besides, if we have a girl, Josh will only have 5 sisters. He might want more. On the other hand, if we have a girl he might want us to try again so he can have a little brother. Everyone wants a little brother!
Nevermind... I just asked Caroline if she would prefer to have a little brother over a little sister. She doesn't care at all. I guess that's a good thing. Maggie is *sure* it's a girl, but I am still holding out for a boy.
Just to clarify, TODAY I want a boy. But if we have a girl, I will be very excited about it. Frankly, I like babies. It's the teenagers I am not so sure about.
Speaking of teenagers... Josh is going to take his driving test in the next week or two. So if you are planning on driving in Phoenix soon, I suggest you get here soon. It'll just be better for you, trust me. Speaking of Josh - I am excited to tell you that he has an interview at the new Starbucks at the bottom of the hill. Do you realize that this will mean FREE LATTE??? His job will save me upwards of $500 per annum on that demon drink. Speaking of demons, Jessica is coming out for her spring break tomorrow. She will be with us through Wednesday. Jessica is on the track and field team. She is the star shot-putter (put-shooter?). This summer she wants to go to multiple basketball camps. You know what I love about Jessica? She is the hardest working girl I have ever met. Seriously. THE HARDEST. Speaking of which, did anyone watch American Idol last night when Ayla got booted? She reminded me of Jessica. She was my favorite. It was a real crime that she got the boot so early. She was a hard worker too. A clear over-achiever. You have to love that.
Sara and Caroline are also doing very well. The excitement in the house is over the top right now... They are leaving for Disney World tomorrow. Their Aunt Esra is flying in to pick them up and take them there for 4 days. Esra is a VP for Siemens and they are having a big corporate event there. Talk about a charmed life! The girls can't even sleep, they are so excited.
Okay... Not that anybody will still be reading this, but I'll give an update on Titus: Mean, nasty, noisy, aggressive, possessive, snappy and cute as all get out. He is SOOO different than Daisy. It's going to be a long uphill climb getting him to learn manners around food and such. He tries to grab everything in sight. If I give him a piece of chicken to eat, he'll drop it at take Daisy's. If she moves over to his dropped piece, he'll repeat the process. He's a bastard. But dang, he is a lot of fun. Loves to play and is clown and a half. Daisy is sooo great with him. I just wish she wouldn't let him take her food. She needs to lay down the law and teach him some manners. Instead she just stands there and waits for him to leave her a piece.
Update over.
14 comments:
Sounds like everything is going well. Glad to hear that Maggie is cleared for activities! Great news.
Happy belated birthday Josh! Mmm...Starbucks. Woo hoo for driving! Good luck on the test.
Talk to you guys soon,
Rachel
YAY MAGGIE! Exercise! Walking! Outdoors! I don't know what any of these things mean, but YAY! Bruce says it makes you happy - so cool. But what is this "exercise" he talks about?
Titus sounds like a peach.
You asked about visits - I'll check out my schedule but I know that I am on the schedule for at least three Saturdays in April. Mom and I will look at our schedules together...
Exercise is this thing that makes you sweat, your muscles burn, and can be painful sometimes. Oh, and when you're feeling down in the dumps and completely exhauseted- makes you feel POWERFUL again.
It's the best drug I know. Once you start, you'll notice that all of the above are true. The trick is finding something you love to do. Otherwise it sucks. :)
But, boy does is it hard to start! I'm just walking right now. But, hey that's better than nothing.
Pizza guy is here!
Ciao
oh my gosh. I just read my post.
I guess I'm not that great at multitasking anymore. Please excuse my typo's and sentences that don't make sense. But, I think you guys can figure it out.
Heck I didn't even notice the typos. Does that mean I am just going through the motions of life? Existing day to day? Are these questions that can be answered here? Anyway, great news Maggie cause it means the Dr's think you are back on the healthy track.
I think Bruce getting nuetered is an excellent idea. You don't want to go through menopause know anyway. Speaking of spelling, did I spell menopause right? It's phoenetic anyway. Did I spell phoenetic right? That's it, I give up. Hope the girls have fun in FL, Jessie has fun in AZ, Josh passes his test, Maggie gets some exercise and Bruce doesn't get sore.
Seriously, family, you're killing me. I am at work right now LMAO at the little witticisms that make us all penmans (and some of us penman-ozers). Keep up the good work.
And glad to hear that all is well in the penman-ozer home. Happy belated b-day Josh! Good luck with the job hunt! And Maggie, I'm glad to hear you are feeling good. How far along are you? And Bruce, I'm glad you have such a good attitude about Titus. As we all know, I'd be frustrated to tears after two minutes. :)
Ok, back to work!
Hi Alyssa-
I'm 31 weeks. So if I deliver on time, I only have 9 more weeks to go. We (Bruce, Josh and I) just got back from gym and IN and OUT. YUMMY.
It's freezing here today. Only in the 40's and it's finally raining. I think we went over 140 days without raining. Crazy! Just a few days ago it was 78. BURRR.....
We are also glad that all is well with the newest Penman, We'll have to get you one of those running strollers, Maggie, so that you can get Catheryn off on the right foot (I suppose Ryan could go too!~)
Yes Bruce, it is time to be snipped. Sex at this time of life should be recreation, not procreation. But a new baby in the family is going to be exciting, I've been looking at playpen/crib things...baby stuff is so cute. When we had babies the playpens were wooden jails lol. So many different things. We're hoping the baby's first long outing will be to our house!!
Hope the next few weeks are easier than the last few, on everyone!!
Donna and David
Not to worry. Bruce IS seeing the urologist at the beginning of June. He's not allowed to touch me until after we get the all clear. :) We're waiting until June when it's warmer and not as fun to mountain bike. We're in prime mountain biking weather right now, and he needs the exercise to manage stress. Hey, it's stressful for Dad's to have a baby on the way.
Donna, I've been bus searching for baby gear on line. We've already purchased a car seat a stroller, a baby sling, and a diaper bag. It's fun looking at all the baby stuff, and I like shopping on-line because of the user comments. It's like taking a test drive without leaving the house.
My mom insists on having a baby shower for us. I don't really want a shower, so I told her okay, let's have a family get together and make me Spaghetti and Meatballs. My mom's spaghetti and meatballs are comfort food for me. We were thinking of Sunday, April 9th around lunch time, but if any of the Penmans from CA(or WY) can make it out we'd have it on Saturday the 8th. I think Bruce may have spoken to Andrea about this. We'd love to see everyone, but realize it's a long trip!
My sister Kellie is expecting too. She's just a week behind me, but her belly is HUGE. She always gets really big. I think her last baby was almost ten pounds. So, my mom is doubly nervous.
Oh, I hired a DOULA to help Bruce and I with the birthing process. She also happens to be a registered nurse and teaches the childbirth classes at the hospital. I feel fairly anxious during this pregnancy, so to have a knowlegeable experienced and dedicated person with us should just benefit our experience. I hope to do it naturally- we'll see. We start childbirth classes on Wed. Yes, we've done this before- but, it's been 9.5 years for me and even longer for Bruce. I just want to be as prepared as possible.
The Penman kids want a boy and Ozer girls want a girl. I think we're having a girl- but you never know. Josh is sure to tell me that if it is a girl he's okay with that too. He just wants to know what it's like to have a brother, because he already has 4 sisters. LOL
That's all for now.
This may never get read, since the post was so long ago, but I will be at a wedding in Missoula, MT on the weekend of the 8th. It's a shame because I would have been in SLC and I could have very easily flown in for the weekend. I am going to drive to Missoula on Friday from SLC and then down to Dubois on the 9th. Anyone have any good books on tape for the drive? Ohhh, I can probably download a book onto my ipod, huh?
Please register somewhere for baby stuff so I know what to get you!
Dear Jennifer, first of all, I get an email any time someone posts on the blog. Second of all, www.babiesrus.com
Just put in our last name and Arizona (for example) and you'll see it. There isn't a lot there, but then again, you are the only person (I think) that knows about it. I don't think we are advertising anything. However, the Nature's Touch Baby Papasan Cradle Swing looks very nice. Better get us two since our house is kinda large (all on one floor), and I don't want Maggie hurting her back moving it from the bedroom to the family room.
Thanks.
PS The question is... will YOU read THIS?
Done.
Jen
HOW DID YOU GET THAT SO FAST???
I was waiting with bated breath for an answer. Nice picks on the registry.
Post a Comment