9.09.2006


Roasting P. II

Okay, I have to say that I am a fast learner. Even Maggie's gourmet taste buds are finding my new coffee roasts to be delicioso. I have roasted coffees from Hawaii, Costa Rica, India, Kenya and Zimbabwe. I might even be leaving some out.
I will be shipping some coffee soon, so get ready, taste-testers (although the testing is well in-hand). Please let me know if any of you want some coffee. My favorites are:
  • India Dewan Estate Kohinoor AA
  • Costa Rica Tarrazu Hacienda La Minita
  • Costa Rica Reserva San Bosco
I just roasted a TRUE Kona bean this evening, and it has a VERY promising aroma so far! We'll be drinking that one in the morning.
This is SOOO much fun for me. AND - Aside from the initial investment in the roaster (ouch), this is a very economical way to go! I pay no more than about $5.00 per lb. for green coffee beans (except for the Kona, which is about three times the cost - but it is an estate grown, single origin bean).
Let me know if you want some, and I will get you some! I think I'll send out the Costa Rica Tarrazu beans in a full city roast (fairly dark, but not like Starbucks burnt beans are dark, er black).



5 comments:

maggie said...

They are delicious!!! I feel like I go out to a coffee shop everyday.
How lucky can a girl be.

And the barrista..... Such a cutie

Andrea said...

Since I quit Diet Coke, I have been in full COFFEE mode. So send it on, PLEASE. Now. I'm waiting. Of course I'm actually waiting in an airport, not my apartment, but whatever.

Hey, Rachel is moving in in a few weeks.

Andrea said...

Moving in with Mom and me - not with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...feel free to send coffee!! Send it to Annie's place.

Can't wait to taste it.

Rachel Penman
Forensic Specialist
Burbank PD

Jen said...

Send some this way too!!! Maybe I could start a market here for you? I could sell it to Kathy's Koffee!!