WOW!!!
I bought a Bodum french press (makes up to 16 oz at a time). A great way to make a couple smallish cups of coffee. I just made some coffee (Peru Organic RFA)... City Roast, using the press. AWESOME.
I let the coffee sit for too long before pressing it, but it was still really smooth.
I just bought 30 lbs of Costa Rica San Bosco. I should have bought another 15 lbs of the Peru Org RAF. I don't know... I might have to roast more San Bosco when it arrives. That was really good, and it was one of my first roasts, so who knows... it might even get better!
Jen, if you don't have one, get a french press. Bodum makes a really good one, and it's pretty cheap. http://www.ekitchengadgets.com/boch8cupcopr1.html
This is a coffee I will probably send to Donna and Andrea soon. And some Daterra Yellow Bourbon, I think. Or maybe some Yirgacheffe. Gosh, this is too much fun.
6 comments:
Is this the start of a wonderful new career? Just think, this is how a lot of BIG companies started. I'll look into the french press.
Yeah, except I don't know what I am doing and there aren't many coffee shops around town that could feed my family.
Let's call it a hobby. We will be giving lots of coffee bags as gifts.
Sounds good to me. I have tried the Kona City Roast. That one is nice and mellow. Smells like it might be bitter before you brew it, but it comes out low key and smooth. Perfect for morning. I am going to try the yellow bourbon next. I'll let you know how that one goes.
okay, that makes 2 espresso makers, 1 coffee brewer and 1 french press. Not to mention a grinder and a brother who will supply me with beans. I am ready!
What kind of grinder do you have? It should be a burr grinder if you are using a press. Just a thought. You have two espesso makers? Can I have one?
I am glad you like the Kona. I was unhappy with every batch I made. I might have mixed them all together in your batch. I can't remember. Maybe they make a nice single origin blend (is that possible???).
I hope you like the La Minita. I made some more Costa Rica Reserva San Bosco today. I gave some to our realtor because they went to the football game with us. She tried to pretend like she liked it (they brewed some before we all left for the game). I could tell she didn't like it. We got home and I brewed some. It was horrible. Now I know why she had so much trouble saying it tasted good (with a wince).
are you moving? Or do you just hang with "your realtor"?
As for the city Roast, it could have been mixed with other beans. Only you know that. The first pot I made was real weak, I wasn't sure how strong it would be, so the next pot I used about 50% more beans. To some, that still might be weak. For me, it was perfect.
My grinder is a Mr Coffee that Rach gave me 5 years or so ago. It still works a champ!
Post a Comment