4.22.2006

Okay, so it’s Nesting Time! Maggie has me doing all sorts of nest-making chores. Today, I build the new 5-in-1 baby thingy. It’s a diaper changing station (nicer than the one found in mall restrooms), it’s a carrier thingy, it’s a bed, it’s a storage unit, it’s an entertainment system. That’s five. Those may not be the five that the manufacturer was thinking about, but they are MY five-in-one.



The back yard is almost complete. We just need to get one more big ol’ tree put in, keep watering the new sod, and we should be good to go in time for the oppressive heat of summer.

We are also putting in a vegetable garden!!! It’s about 5’ x 20’, and we expect to be able to feed a family of six in about 3 weeks. Lofty expectations, to be sure, but I bought 10 bags or steer manure. Neighbors be damned. This is about feeding my family.

Maggie is still doing GREAT with the baby. Everything is going wonderfully, and we are ready for the baby. She is at the “any day is okay” stage, so that’s good, too. She really looks great. I think I might actually miss the baby-belly.

Josh is at work at the new Starbucks down the street. I have already visited him two or three times since it opened. Sadly, he can’t give me any free samples. I brought the girls there the other morning before school. They were SOOO excited to see Josh work! They both got Frappucinos. Josh made them. What a treat!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's PINK!! does that mean anything?????

Hope you are both doing well, we miss you.

Love, David and Donna

maggie said...

It's the camera. It's ivory. We don't know the gender. I think it's a girl and Bruce thinks it's a boy. Only time will tell.

Hope you are both doing well. How is David?

Maggie

Andrea said...

I guess it's too early to have fresh veggies... What kind of veggies? How will you keep critters away? Speaking of critters, how's Daisy? I see pictures of studly the relxed wonder, but where is Daisy?