10.27.2007

Prediction Saturday

Okay, so I am doing another triathlon tomorrow morning (Soma Quarterman - It's 1/4 of an Ironman).

Let me just say that I am in no way ready for this. I have not swam one lap, and I have run a total of two times (including a very slow jog) since the sprint triathlon in early September. I have ridden a little, but even that has been limited since I hurt my back. But enough of my bragging:

Swim (.6 miles): 28 minutes (very slow... VERY slow)
Transition #1: 2:20
Bike (27 miles): 1 hour 25 minutes
Transition #2: 1:40
Run (6.55 miles): 1 hour 4 minute

Total Race: 3 hours 1 minute

If I do it in under 3 hours I am happy.

Maggie will do it in 2:51


I'll update you with the actual times tomorrow or Monday, unless I take more than 3.5 hours. If that happens I won't be posting anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bruce,
You did really well, don't berate yourself...it's tough getting old...he-he. Sounds like you did very well, especially for not training.

Maggie, Don't listen to him, he just wants to slow you down so he can get a closer time to yours...Congratulations on a job well done!!

Love, Donna