9.11.2007

Maggie (still) Rides!!!


Here is a picture that we took this morning after our ride. It was nothing unusual, for you see, Maggie gets up at 4am at least three days a week to ride (she lets me sleep in until 4:30am). This morning, for example, was an easy ride. We rode 16 miles in about 1 hour (not a fast pace for studs like us). On Sunday, for instance, we rode about 48 miles at over 19 mph pace. Of course that ride was with a local cycling club, so that helped keep the pace up.


Maggie is a very strong rider, and it is without a doubt her best leg of the triathlon. The run would probably be her best, but I think she really loves cycling, so she is putting more time into that. It's also a lot easier on the body than putting in similar hours/miles running.

She is ready for the Timex (now Nathan's) Triathlon in Tempe, AZ. I, on the other hand, am NOT ready. I have not run AT ALL, and I have swum on average about 2 times a month since I starting my "training". It's gonna be fun. I hope they have paramedics on the water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is the Triathalon? I will watch the news for details...no, really, good luck to both of you.

Love, Donna

maggie said...

It's on September 23rd. Let's hope it won't be too hot. Start time is 6:30am. This will be Bruce's premiere race. How bad will I feel if he blows me away after all the training I have done.

Oh and don't worry honey, they have the Tempe Fire Dept. on their boat as well as kayakers along the way. It's very safe.

Bruce Penman said...

Are those arm-floaty things allowed? If I have a heart attack they may not get to me before I sink.

There is no possible way for me to blow you away, even without the run! You will take at least (AT LEAST) 6 minutes out of me on the run.