HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
This last year has been full of changes and surprises for the Penman-Ozer clan.
For starters, we are having a baby. Sure, it’s not going to be here until May, but it got STARTED in 2005. The due date is actually May 16th. Taurus, for those interested in Astrology. What does this mean? I don’t know, but Caroline is a Taurus, and WE LOVE HER!!!
Kids update you say?
Oldest to youngest… Josh finished his first college semester this year. He enrolled at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo in the fall, and took some classes of interest to him (film and graphic arts). He has moved back to Phoenix, and will re-enroll in college next fall. For now he is going to earn some money, get his license, and get ready for next semester.
Jessica is still kickin’ some serious butt in High School in Texas. She is still playing on her High School basketball team. She doesn’t seem to be LOVING it, but she is doing it, and really working on becoming a better player. She is learning a lot, and I think it is going to click for her very soon.
Caroline is in 5th grade, and she is likewise a great student. She works hard everyday, doing her homework as soon as she comes home. All of her teachers give her RAVE reviews! She is trying to break into drama (should be an easy move). She got a part in her first attempt!
Sara… Dear Sweet Sara… What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Sara is a giver. She is a nurse if you are hurt. A masseuse if you are sore. A cook if you need help in the kitchen, and a dishwasher if the kitchen is dirty. Give give give… never take. That’s her motto.
Daisy is eating raw chicken now. She loves it, and hopes to soon move into other more adventurous raw meats. She graduated from her Puppy Training class in 2005 with Honors! We are so proud. She has really bad gas. Driving across the desert with Daisy is good, because it’s hard to fall asleep with her in the car. P-U!!!
As for Maggie and I… Maggie is, as you know, prego. She looks great, and is barely showing at 20 weeks. She is still working out, though of course at a lower intensity (I guess you have to watch the heart rate while carrying a baby). She can’t WAIT to get back on her mountain bike (I can’t wait for her to get back to riding with me). So for 2006, Maggie will be a new mommy. Fun times ahead!!!
Bruce (me)… Still the same. I seem to be more forgetful. Forty-Four is OLD! I have to tie strings around my fingers. I refuse to take the string off until I finish the task for which it is to remind me. At this very moment I have 37 strings on my fingers. I am not sure why 36 of them are on my fingers. One of them is to remind me to write an entry in this journal. I hope I remember to remove it.
For starters, we are having a baby. Sure, it’s not going to be here until May, but it got STARTED in 2005. The due date is actually May 16th. Taurus, for those interested in Astrology. What does this mean? I don’t know, but Caroline is a Taurus, and WE LOVE HER!!!
Kids update you say?
Oldest to youngest… Josh finished his first college semester this year. He enrolled at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo in the fall, and took some classes of interest to him (film and graphic arts). He has moved back to Phoenix, and will re-enroll in college next fall. For now he is going to earn some money, get his license, and get ready for next semester.
Jessica is still kickin’ some serious butt in High School in Texas. She is still playing on her High School basketball team. She doesn’t seem to be LOVING it, but she is doing it, and really working on becoming a better player. She is learning a lot, and I think it is going to click for her very soon.
Caroline is in 5th grade, and she is likewise a great student. She works hard everyday, doing her homework as soon as she comes home. All of her teachers give her RAVE reviews! She is trying to break into drama (should be an easy move). She got a part in her first attempt!
Sara… Dear Sweet Sara… What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Sara is a giver. She is a nurse if you are hurt. A masseuse if you are sore. A cook if you need help in the kitchen, and a dishwasher if the kitchen is dirty. Give give give… never take. That’s her motto.
Daisy is eating raw chicken now. She loves it, and hopes to soon move into other more adventurous raw meats. She graduated from her Puppy Training class in 2005 with Honors! We are so proud. She has really bad gas. Driving across the desert with Daisy is good, because it’s hard to fall asleep with her in the car. P-U!!!
As for Maggie and I… Maggie is, as you know, prego. She looks great, and is barely showing at 20 weeks. She is still working out, though of course at a lower intensity (I guess you have to watch the heart rate while carrying a baby). She can’t WAIT to get back on her mountain bike (I can’t wait for her to get back to riding with me). So for 2006, Maggie will be a new mommy. Fun times ahead!!!
Bruce (me)… Still the same. I seem to be more forgetful. Forty-Four is OLD! I have to tie strings around my fingers. I refuse to take the string off until I finish the task for which it is to remind me. At this very moment I have 37 strings on my fingers. I am not sure why 36 of them are on my fingers. One of them is to remind me to write an entry in this journal. I hope I remember to remove it.
8 comments:
Hey Bruce and Maggie and Josh and Jess and Caroline and Sara! Glad to hear everybody is doing so well.
And this blog is pretty cool. Keep up the good work, Bruce.
I am a taurus too! And I love me. The new baby will be great!
Now I have your blog saved in my favorites folder so I can quickly pop in to see what is going on in your world.
It was great seeing you over the holidays.
Rachel
You guys are SOOOOO funny.
I guess I got my point across.
Yes, we are all doing well. Josh is on his second interview on a highly rewarding job! How is it so rewarding, you ask? FREE MOVIES. That's right: AMC
Call us for free passes ANY TIME.
Can I get a plane ticket with those free movie passes? Hey Bruce, Glad to see you are doing so well. Sorry I missed everybody at Christmas, but you can always come see me in Ca. over the weekend of the 13th!
Jennifer
Haha, that's funny. I was there when you, you know, told him to get a job there kind of offhandedly (I thought) and now he's getting a job there!
Hey, if you'd CALLED last night, I could have told you we lost our first district game. My next game is Friday. So call. TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS.
Jessica, who are you talking to?
Bruce, nice update. I do get a live feed from your blog so I always have it available to me, but fresh content is very important. I have found that to be true on my own blog (www.alyssamarie.blogspot.com) as well. Plus you have to advertise. YOu're doing well at that.
It was wonderful to see you all! Please tell Caroline that she owes me a mancala game and we'll throw down at the next family get together. :)
Andrea syas: I hear Josh ALREADY has a new job! Hooray!
It was great seeing you guys this holiday - I wish it could have been for longer - next year I'll have lots more time off earned and I'm sure we'll be able to make visits more substantial.
Very excited to see one of David's pictures actually showing a little baby belly on Maggie - you're really having a baby! Of course one of those pictures showed me with a HUGE baby belly - only, no baby, just belly. Sigh.
Take care.
I'm just here to tell you I'm reading. So, that's cool, right? Hurray for jobs and babies.
Post a Comment