12.20.2008

Favorite Picture of the Day


We did a skate day at Polar Ice with pretty much every Haggerty (Maggie's side of the family). This is MY favorite picture from the day. There 140 other pictures, but this one is MY favorite. And since I am the one that does the posting, I get to be selfish now and then. Photo credit: Maggie Penman

I will post a lot more pictures tomorrow or the next day, I am sure.

It was a lot of fun. Cate had her first skate experience, and she did about as expected. Maggie would carry Cate along the ice and Cate would say (over and over and over), "Look at me! I'm going fast!" She really liked it a lot. I am afraid that she will want to take ice skating lessons when she is a little older. (cash register sound)

For myself... I am getting older. I could still skate, but of course not like I used to, and when I first stepped on the ice I felt like I had NEVER skated before. It took a while to get my legs. Oh well... aging is inevitable.

Thank God for the children, without them there would be no reason to grow old.


No comments: